October 2019

Happy Halloween!

Its feels like yesterday that I submitted my last post. October has flown by and we've already completed 3 modules with the 4th on cardio-vascular physiology and patho-physiology coming to a close this week. The semester has reached its midpoint and the finish line seems like its in sight.

Our 4th module exam based on the cardiovascular system really hit home. I lost my aunt to stroke recently so learning the intricacies of the grim reaper known as heart disease put a lot of things into perspective for me. From beginning to end, every note I've taken seems to be interconnected to treating heart disease. One of the highlights of this module was the CV simulation. Being apart of the simulation and having to make quick, informed decisions to save a patients life was an extremely rewarding feeling. It makes those long, tedious hours of studying worth it.

I wasn't able to get any volunteer hours this month but I plan on beginning my volunteer tenure at Ochsner Baptist Emergency Department once my background check is clear. I also plan to begin volunteering with Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine next. Everyone likes food, right? Promoting a healthy lifestyle should be a staple for all healthcare professionals!

Well, time for me to get back to studying. Wish me luck, talk to you in November!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April(The Final Hello)

December 2019

February 2020