January 2020

Welcome back!

Wow! The first month back flew by! I couldn't be more happier with my first block test results. Learning about endocrine pharmacology and how to treat diabetes was almost like a review to me being that it is so prevalent in my family history(bitter-sweet). One of the highlights of my learning experiences so far is learning about how stress effects us in the our endocrine pharmacology class taught by Professor Lindsey. I knew that chronic stress wasn't beneficial for our bodies but learning its physiological implications on the body lead me to make a couple life changes lol.  Consistent stress hampers the ability of ones immune system to actively fight off infections and diseases. Academic life has been one of my biggest stressors in the past so this experience has me theorizing different methods to battle chronic stress stimulated by stressful environments. I've even found time to meditate in the mornings! It helps that this semesters schedule is a little less hectic. Probably due to the shelf exam we have in March. I plan to continue my volunteer hours after January with KIPP academy following our second module exam on the Central Nervous system. 

One month down, three to go! I look forward to all that this semester has to offer and the position for success this program has put me in post graduation. Talk to you soon! I'll be back with Madri gras beads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April(The Final Hello)

December 2019

February 2020